- a 1lb box of elbow pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder (or 1/2 an onion, finely minced)
- 16 oz sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- a bit more salt and pepper and whatever seasoning you like
2. Mix egg, butter, milk until nicely blended = HAPPY MIX
3. Add salt, garlic powder, and onion powder to the HAPPY MIX to season it.
4. Put 1/3 of cooked pasta in casserole dish. Layer a nice handful of cheese over it.
5. Do step 4 again with another third of pasta and handful of cheese. And again. Leave a little cheese though*.
6. Drizzle HAPPY MIX all over the top of your pasta + cheese layers.
7. Mix bread crumbs with paprika in a separate bowl. You can also season it a bit more with some salt and pepper. I like to put some more onion/garlic seasonings to the crumbs at this point.
8. Sprinkle your casserole with the bread crumb mixture.
9. Layer the rest of your cheese.
10. Bake on middle rack for about 25-30 minutes.
Serves about 6 hungry people. Best with fresh ground pepper all over it :)
*alternatively, you can just put the pasta and cheese in the casserole dish all at once and mix it up then and there. it's a matter of appearance at this point, i think.